Tomato and Couscous Salad4 large tomatoes2/3 cup tomato juice2/3 cup couscous2/3 cup boiling water1/3 cup raisinsHandful of basil leaves,...
Oven fried fajitas!
Looking for a quick, easy and satisfying weeknight meal for your family? We tried the make-ahead version of this recipe and loved it!
SHEET-PAN CHICKEN FAJITAS
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
Optional toppings: Shredded sharp cheddar cheese, sliced avocado, salsa or sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and set aside.
- Place the peppers, onions and tomatoes on an 13-by-18-inch sheet pan (lined with parchment paper or foil for easier clean-up, if you like) and top with the chicken.
- Drizzle on the oil and sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, coriander and garlic powder, then season generously with salt and pepper.
- Mix with your hands to combine well, then spread the ingredients out evenly across the pan.*
- Bake until the chicken is just cooked through, about 20 minutes, tossing the ingredients halfway through.
- Put the foil-wrapped tortillas in the oven about 5 minutes before the chicken is done to warm them.
- Sprinkle the chicken and vegetables with the lime juice and cilantro.
- Spoon the chicken mixture onto the warm tortillas and serve with toppings.
*Make-ahead option: In a large bowl or resealable plastic bag, prepare the fajita mixture and refrigerate it, covered, for up to 1 day. Let sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes before transferring the mixture to a sheet pan for baking.
Source: Adapted from Dinner Plan: Simple Weeknight Recipes and Strategies for Every Schedule (Abrams, 2017) by Kathy Brennan and Caroline Campion
Connect with us