Lay a solid foundation of protein in your kids’ tummies — before trick-or-treating — with these whimsical mummies. They take time, of course (about...
Ice Cream Scoop Pops
Having cake and ice cream this summer? Don’t waste valuable party time by scooping tableside. Instead make these delightful grab-and-go treats ahead of time. Or better yet, skip the cake — like we did — and just make these for fun with the kids.
All you need, besides ice cream and toppings, is little wooden tasting spoons.
Check at your local craft store or hit up Amazon, where we found a bag of 100 for $6.
- Scoop out 2-inch balls of ice cream and place them on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. (You may need to form them a bit with your hands or a spatula to get perfect spheres — if that’s what you’re after.)
- Insert a wooden tasting spoon into each scoop.
- Freeze until fully hardened, about two hours.
- Roll the scoops in assorted toppings such as sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, toasted coconut or crushed graham crackers, candy bars or colorful cereal such as Trix.
- Serve immediately or freeze, covered, for up to three days.
Source: Adapted from Jessica Walker at bettycrocker.com.
Connect with us