So your kids don’t like beans — a protein source that’s also rich with iron? No problem! Just sneak them into these rich, tasty, flourless treats,...
June is peak strawberry season in Minnesota — and this no-bake pie really shows off those red orbs’ freshness and bright flavors. Check local grocers or see minnesotagrown.com for a list of local farmers markets and strawberry farms.
Fresh strawberry pie
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups of strawberries, washed, dried with paper towels and, if desired, sliced
- 1 baked pie crust
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high to high heat, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens to an almost jelly-like consistency.
- Stir in the gelatin until completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Pour the mixture into a baked pie crust.
- Chill for six hours or until set.
- Garnish with whipped cream and strawberries and serve.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
Connect with us